The COOL Cooperative exists to provide young people with educational support, mentorship, whole person development and a truly hands-on curriculum in the film industry to nurture their abilities, give them hope, and forge a clear path to a successful adulthood.
Goals and Objectives
• To serve our at-promise kids by providing them the academic support, mentorship, and hands-on training necessary to provide them with the knowledge and resources to lead successful lives.
• To develop a film-based curriculum and program for young people that will eventually expand beyond New Orleans to communities across the country
• To contribute to the development of a qualified workforce in the Louisiana film industry
• To contribute in raising Louisiana's literacy and graduation rates
• To have a high success rate of our program participants either going on to higher education or finding gainful employment in the film industry upon completion of our program